Wednesday 24 September 2014

A Foundation Conundrum


The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation is supposed to be a gel based foundation with a light-medium coverage that goes over areas of texture and colour and glide over it, while providing radiance and hydrating your skin. Atleast it claims to do all of that.
After using this for close to a month, I've been debating on writing a post about it, because honestly, I don't know what I feel about it. Hence, the conundrum.
For starters, I find it doesn't really glide over my skin the way I presumed something that claimed it was 'gel based' would. It was streaky and patchy, and I really needed to buff it in to stop that from happening.
Secondly, since I needed to buff it into areas where I had texture and pigmentation, I couldn't really build it up to anything more than a light layer - which is great if you have perfect skin, with my skin however, NOPE. Just doesn't work. So it was a bit of a fail on the coverage front.
Third, I found that it just sat on my skin, without sinking in, adding to my need to buff it or use a sponge - which honestly speaking is a huge bother in the morning when I'd rather just sleep that extra ten minutes I take to get this to sink into my skin. Ugh.

But, all is not lost. I really do like how radiant my skin looks when I wear it. And it stays put all day long without much fading. Also, colour match (I have 55) is pretty decent as far as budget foundations are concerned.

So... have you had this problem? Not sure if you like or dislike a product? Well, join the club, and help me make a decision! 

4 comments:

  1. I have tried one of bourjois foundation but its too pink for me and looks greyish on pigmentation :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a similar problem.. it just doesn't cover them :(

      Delete
    2. I have two Bourjois foundations (don't remember which ones) but I like them. Sure, they don't last long on me (thanks, oily skin!) and they don't have very good oil control (again, thanks oily skin!) but it doesn't feel heavy on my skin, and it does really make me look amazing. So yes, overall I'd stick with them (and stock up on the blotting sheets). My only issue is that one of them is two shades too light for me and that pisses me off! I have to find something to mix with it to make it darker.

      Delete
    3. Really? Thats odd.
      But they do make the skin look good. Sigh, so confused.

      Delete