Monday 11 August 2014

The 'Not Me' Colour


When I first received the L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Flashback Silver for my birthday, I swatched and said "oooo pretty" - a gorgeous silver that is sparkly and reflects lavender and pink (more lavender than pink on me) but in the back of my mind, I wondered if I would ever use it. Because its be honest here, a cool toned silver on someone as warm as me is a disaster waiting to happen. So into the depths of my eyeshadow drawer it went, never to see the light of day until recently...
...When I picked up the Laura Mercier Metallic Cream Eyeshadow in Alloy during a strawberry.net sale in which it costed me the grand total of INR 520 (Frekkin' steal, I agree). Without thinking twice, into my bag it went and within a second I found myself clicking 'checkout'.
Fast forward to 3 weeks later when I received it and greedily ripped open the packaging. Yes, I knew what Allow looked like, but it didn't stop me from freaking out a bit. A cool Lavenderish purple with a silver sparkle. Uh oh.
However, when I used it, I found it transformed my eyelids. There is just something about this cream shadow thats subtle but still brightening and downright beautiful!
When I paired this with a light layer of the L'oreal Shadow - a very fluffy brush was used - I realized that YES, warm toned bronze loving me could totally pull off a lavender-silver!
Kachiinnngg. Win. 

What is the 'not you' colour that you've discovered is really 'you'?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't yet discovered it, but I just KNOW there's a perfect plum eyeshadow out there for me. Most plums make me look like I've been punched repeatedly in the general eye area, but dammit, they're so pretty and I must find my perfect one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbi Brown Cognac. Tried it? It's supposed to be a brown, pulls more plum than brown. It's lovely!

      Delete