Wednesday 9 July 2014

Skin Savior - Glyco A


As I begin to write this, I have my fingers and toes crossed all while practically hugging wood. You see, my skin has been going through a very very VERY bad few months. I've been breaking out all over the place, and scarring - my cheek at one point looked so covered in pink and red bumps that you may have mistaken my blemishes as chicken pox. I tried everything, I cut down on dairy, watched what I ate, drank tons more water - but nothing seemed to work. I also made the mistake of using my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo which has worked on my breakouts before - but this time, I just broke out more.. Has anyone else faced this problem?
Heck, I even tried the au naturale route and kept using sandalwood paste on my face. Though it did soothe the angry blemishes, nothing seemed to be working. I wracked my brains wondering what I'd changed in my rountine - and the it hit me like a train, after months of using a BHA Based toner followed by an AHA Based cream at night, I just stopped. I'm not sure why I stopped, but I did, and I think (this is a lot of guesswork on my part) my skin just decided to protest.

Immediately, I started using my Glyco A - 12% Glycolic Acid based cream (Saw it first on Parita's blog) again, and within a week, my skin is under control.
I'm honestly getting a bit emotional while writing this because my skin is such a sensitive issue for me. For someone who had no skin issues all through my teenage years, dealing with breakouts and flare ups in my 20's is something I did not expect. And everytime I have these flare ups (hormones, PCOD, all that fun jazz) my confidence plummets, I don't want to leave the house, I hate looking in a mirror, and most worst of all, I feel hideous.
Yes, I'm learning to deal with it, but honestly speaking... if Glyco A hadn't worked the way it has been.. I'm not sure what I would have done. In a matter of a week or so, it has calmed my skin, fading a lot of the marks that were causing me so much stress. It hasn't stopped my breakouts completely... yet, but it has prevented the severe ones (at one point I woke up everyday with 3 - 4 new very painful and very swollen blemishes).

I use about a half a pea sized quantity over the areas of my face that is affected the most (cheeks, jawline, chin) after I've used my toner. I use my regular moisturizer on the rest of my face and my usual eye cream under my eye.
Few things you need to be cautious about being a) you need to use a very good sunscreen during the day or your skin will burn. (experience speaking) and b) don't use it like you would a spot treatment (I use Benzac AC for that or La Roche Posay Effaclar A.I), use it regularly and if you plan on stopping, don't do it abruptly, stop it gradually.
If you want something milder to start with, there is a Glyco 6 which has 6% Glycolic Acid instead of the 12%. FYI, this costs about INR 150.

Basically, if you're skin is going through shit, I'd say give this a go, you should see results. 

9 comments:

  1. So glad it worked for you..this is like the best thing ever happened to me! currently I am using the famous Alpha-H and loving it! another miraculous ingredient is dead sea salt! I am using it since about 3 weeks now and its one of the best face scrubs cleansers ever and so natural! nothing and I repeat nothing has healed my blemishes/spots faster than this! give it a try and I am sure youll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's working. But fingers crossed.
      I was waiting to get to England to get the Alpha H.
      What brand do you use (of the dead sea salt)?

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to try this! I don't have many spots now (touch wood - although it was an entirely different matter during my teens!) but I do have hyperpigmentation. I'm also on the lookout for a good BHA - recommendations welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works wonders with Hyperpigmentation!
      Anything La Roche Posay Effaclar in my opinion. The Toner in particular is excellent!

      Delete
  3. I have used this cream a couple of years back for a different problem but now the problem I have now is totally different I started getting white patches on ma face can I use this for white patches
    I have ma cousin wedding in 15 days
    Ma mom is really worried about ma skin....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This usually helps with Hyper pigmentation.. white patches are usually either because of sun damage or calcium deficiency.. from what I know. But it could also be a number of things, I'd just say talk to a dermatologist.. :)

      Delete
  4. This stuff is the best thing that happened to me, I am so glad it worked for you too :)

    Currently I am using Alpha-H and loving it!
    I'll have to try the dead sea salt idea also because I'd prefer to only opt for natural products.

    Thanks!

    Ruby Coleman

    ReplyDelete