Monday 16 June 2014

Matte Lips for EVERYONE?


You get a matte lip, I get a matte lip, EVERYBODY GETS A MATTE LIP!
Okay, I'm calm now. But really, when I was going through my stash of lip products I realized just how many matte formulas I had, okay okay, not too many, but 4 is still more than the average person. And just for blog purposes (ofcourse thats a valid excuse!) I need to try the NARS Matte Formulas. Preferable 2 of each so it looks pretty when I take a picture... <--- that, is my mild OCD talking. Yep, mild.
Anyhoo, back to the topic at hand. A Matte formula for everyone.

The Long Lasting Matte
Now, Mattes in general last long, but when I saw long in this case I mean makeup-remover-cannot-get-it-off long. The MAC Retro Matte formulas are a bit on the drying side, but I'll deal with that gladly because these babies do. not. budge. Btw, I have Ruby Woo and Rentelessly Red. *insert heart eyed emoji*
I've drunk copious quantities, eaten the oilest food, heck, I've eaten chicken wings with these on, and nope, nada, they were still there. The next morning even. My cousin casually said "don't wear these unless you mean business" True? Very much so.

The Lightweight Matte
The kind of matte you can't feel on your lips... its not NOT drying, but you don't feel the damn thing! It doesn't stay as long as the other mattes, but it fades into the most beautiful stain.
I dubbed these the best lip product ever, and guess what? I still think so. I dedicated an entire post to these beauties, in case you haven't guessed, they're the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I have San Paulo and Antwerp.
And another bonus? The frekkin price. Its a steal I tell you, a STEAL!

The Moisturizing Matte
I just posted about this here. The L'oreal Colour Riche Moisture Matte Lipsticks are a formula I cannot stop yapping about. Hydrating, opaque and so so beautiful. I loved the one I had so much I got myself another one, and now I want a third. Oh dear.. Both Raspberry Syrup and Lincoln Rose are colours that just scream for attention, so its only fair that I get a more daily wear kind of colour right? Sheer Plum.. I hear you calling me name...
These don't come cheap, at INR 899, but in my opinion, worth ever penny!

The Easy Throw-in-your-bag Matte
No Surprises here! You didn't think I'd forget these would you? The only issue with a matte lipstick is sometimes the application. It takes time and sometimes staring into a magnifying mirror ...
The Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms are the easiest things you could use. You don't need a mirror to apply it (thereby denying the need to stare at your pores in the mirror, up close and very personal), and it stays put really well, fading well after about 4 hours. They're also perfect for on the go. Easy, hygienic and they don't melt!
These buggers can always be found at the bottom of my bag, because really, can wearing a matte lip get an easier?

NARS Matte Lippies, I have my eyes on you...
What about you? What is your favorite matte formula? If you don't like mattes, which one of these would you pick?




10 comments:

  1. Haaaa okay I was the only weird one who can never have just one of a lip product!! I need balance, damnit! (However, it's limited to just the number one - three, five, anything other than one is fine! Go figure. :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I prefer even numbers, which is why the MAC 15 palette drives me mental! But its okay, I'm slowly getting on board with the 2-3 concept.

      Delete
    2. It's as if I believe that each lipstick brand deserves it's own little 'family' in my collection. Some of them have apparently gone at it like rabbits... I have so many of them (NYX Round Label lipsticks, I'm looking at you!)

      Delete
    3. Haha, SAME! I only brand I have more than 2 is MAC, but that's mostly because of the whole BacktoMAC thing. :P

      Delete
  2. Also, the Revlon matte balms. SO MUCH LOVE. (Shameless is the perfect, I-don't-care-about-your-rules-go-stuff-yourself purple, everyone needs it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. My mom has it, and I borrow it from time to time, when I'm feeling particularly vampy :P

      Delete
  3. I love the soft matte formula a lot! apart from all above mentioned try out lakme 9 to 5 ones..super comfortable on lips..extremely light weight and good on pocket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lakme 9-5 ones are MATTE? I shall check it out!

      Delete
  4. Moisturising mattes for me as I have already consfessed my hatred towards matte lipstick in general :p. The price of L'Oréal lipstick is a bummer though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is ridiculous. But get one atleast, you'll love it! :)

      Delete