Wednesday 4 June 2014

A New Addiction



Lip Products. Previously my least used Makeup Product. Actually, let me rephrase, Lipsticks were my least used product... did you notice the "were"?
I've always loved my lip balm, so much so that I have entire post dedicated to it. However, over the course of the year (yes! Its been a year!) that I've had this blog, I've discovered a whole new type of lip product, what works, what doesn't... and it really helps that there have been some cracker lipstick releases!

First and most obvious one so far, MAC Matte/Retro Matte Lipsticks - Ruby Woo was my first love, and though its a great red, I don't wear it enough. Velvet Teddy is a great nude, Rebel (satin) is the best colour ever, regardless of season or occasion, and the brights... Don't even get me started, although I will say two words - Relentlessly Red.
I have safely dubbed the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams as the best lip product ever, but a very very close contender is the L'oreal Matte Lipsticks (I have Raspberry Syrup - a great dupe for MAC's All Fired Up, I hear), moisturizing and creamy, while being matte and clinging onto your lips forever and ever, I really want a few more of these - Lincoln Rose, I'm coming for you. 
Lets not forget this whole chubby stick phenomena, starting with the Clinique Chubby Sticks Intense (Curviest Caramel being an almost identical dupe for Velvet Teddy, let me tell you) and ending with the latest Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms which are unparalleled in terms of ease of application and on the go touch ups.
What's next? Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets? A few more L'oreal Matte Lipsticks, maybe even a gloss or two? Stunned? So am I.

What are your favorite lipstick formulas?

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I have so, so many. The only thing I don't have are the L'Oreal matte lipsticks, but I prefer their lip stains. Have you tried those? They have a ridiculously long name, but they're glossy (not lip-gloss sticky, though) and they fade to leave a nice stain behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no, you must try them. They are waaay too good to be true. Yes, I know those! But I'm just not a glossy lip person :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what they're called here. I haven't seen any L'Oreal Matte lipsticks around...

      Delete
    2. Odd, if I locate a link, I'll tweet it to you :)

      Delete
  3. The majority in my collection are from MAC. I looove loove MAC lipsticks especially amplified and lustre finish. Apart from these I have 2 Revlon lip butters and colorbar lipsticks. I have not tried any of the lipstick that you have mentioned here cause Matte and satin is my most hated finishes :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha :P I like mattes and satins because they last long on me. And I get this weird white line with anything glossy/creamy. So its an instant avoid. But yess, MAC makes some amazing lippies.

      Delete