Friday 16 May 2014

Summer Staples


So, its full on in-your-face summer. Its so hot, I can barely leave my room. But on the rare occasion I venture out these days.. I end up using some/most of these products.
For my face, since my skin is super dry due to all the spot treatments I've been using, I need a good heavy duty moisturizer. The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + is a real savior. It manages to soothe me dry patches and prevent patchy application. Since it is Summer and the Chennai sun is blazing, I cannot/will not leave the house without a sunscreen - this is where the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 50 Sunscreen comes in handy. Base wise, I would usually just use concealer, but offlate I've been finding it sticking to my dry patches too much, so I've been using my Bourjois Happy Light Foundation in the places I need it, such as my cheeks and jawline. It looks so natural, you can hardly tell I have anything on.
This step is optional, but it is summer, and I do like to bronze up the edges of my face with my Bobbi Brown Matte Bronzer in Dark. 
For the rest of my makeup, I use the Maybelline Gel Liner to on the upper water line or even as winged liner, keeping things really simple.
As for lips, my new favorite thing is bright lips, so its between my NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams or my MAC Mineralize Lipstick in Lady at Play, both are easy to wear and really long lasting.

I need more bright lip options, suggestions, ladies?
Also, what are your Summer Staples? 

10 comments:

  1. Hah! I was just about to do a post on this (have it scheduled, actually!) :P

    If you're looking for bright lipsticks, I adore MAC Impassioned and Vegas Volt. Crosswires is also a good one. Urban Decay in Streak is a nice coral shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted this one.. MAC All Fired Up, ohmygod, it looks gorgeous.
      But I shall check out Impassioned and Vegas Volt as well :)

      Delete
    2. All Fired Up is gorgeous! It's more of a fuchsia-red, while Impassioned is more of a watermelon pink. Vegas Volt is an almost neon-coral, if that's too bright for you then Crosswires might be more for you, it's a more toned-down coral. Lickable is also a nice pink-plummy color. If I remember right, it's a Lustre, so you can build up the opacity. Girl About Town is a truely bright blue-based pink, it's on my list.

      Delete
    3. Ahh, which of these are matte? Those I shall add to wishlist or buy. Apparently All Fired Up isn't permanent here yet. Which really saddens me. Oh well.

      Delete
    4. None of those are matte :( Most of them are Amplified Cremes.

      Delete
    5. Fail. For some reason, I just cannot wear anything but matte/satin, I get that horrible white line :/

      Delete
  2. Maybelline BB cream (even that melts off in Cochin summers), sunscreen, heavy on the eyes (I so love the new Maybelline colossal kajal in turquoise, so summer appropriate) and light on lips is my summer mantra. Try Maybelline Pink Alert POWs, they have some amazing bright pink shades. Also Rimmel Apocalips in Aurora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be allergic to the Rimmel apocalips :/ But yes, I shall look into the Maybelline one! :D

      Delete
  3. Try a bright shade of the Revlon matte balms? I know they have a shade that looks a lot like impassioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at them! But most seem to be out of stock now. Damn my luck.

      Delete