Friday 11 April 2014

The Do-It-All Concealer


How often do you see individual product reviews on Colliding Interests? What's that? Never? Well, not never, but very very VERY rarely. When I love a product it will be mentioned time and again (Chanel VA, Armani LSF, Anastasia DipBrow, y'know the drill). But when its a really cannot-live-without-it product or a major disappointment (MUFE HD Primer) I review it individually.
SO, lets talk concealer - its something I would prefer not to have to live without. I have tons of pesky acne scars and under eyes that have seen better days; safe to say, I need concealer.
In my quest to find the perfect concealer I have gone through MAC's Moisture Cover Concealer, MAC Select Cover Concealer, Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer (2 of these) and MUFE's Full Cover. :rantstart: Let me just say that I have been matched to the wrong shade in ALL of the above concealers by instore MUA's. Even a couple of months back, when I was trying the ProLongwar Concealer, the MUA tried to match me to NC45, seriously? DO I LOOK LIKE A 45?! :rantover: 

Apart from the shade being wrong, I would never repurchase any of them - except the MUFE Full Cover which is brilliant, I just need a darker shade. The texture was just off (MAC Moisture Cover), the longevity was crap (MAC Select Cover), it clung to dry patches (Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer [ironic, I know])
and over all just wasn't great.
The MAC Pro Longwear Concealer is one that I have been reading/watching rave reviews off - but for some reason never thought to buy it - when I finally made up my mind, it was out of stock. EVERYWHERE. I went back to the store repeatedly, waiting for them to get stock of it - but alas, it was not meant to be. About a month ago when I went for probably the 8th time, the MUA (who I know pretty well, considering how often I go to MAC) offered to give me some to use until they get stock - which is what you see in the above pot. For reference, I am NC42 in MAC. Which is still a tad too yellow, but nothing I can't work with. So for the last month, I have used only this (except the Bobbi Brown Corrector) every single day.
Firstly, a little goes a very long way. Secondly, it covers all my acne scars without looking cakey. It doesn't cling to my dry patches, and stays on pretty darn long (8 hours on last count - without primer).  I can get away with using just this under my eyes - but I prefer using a light layer over my Bobbi Brown Corrector. I have also used this as a foundation, and it performs just as well, if not better - Especially on particularly sweaty days. With the exception of it being a bit too yellow (hardly noticeable to anyone without a magnifying mirror), and the pump (which sucks - but I just pump it into the pot [that's what she said] and use it from there) I cannot find a single fault with this concealer.
This really is the do-it-all concealer. I don't have any product that I would consider "Holy Grail" (the most over used phrase in the Beauty World), but this is probably as close as it gets.

I will be repurchasing this product possibly till the end of time. Its THAT good.
For reference, it costs INR 1500. (WHY MAC WHY WOULD YOU INCREASE YOUR PRICES?!?!)

Have you used this concealer? What do you think?

P.S. Did you notice the Pages and the Social Media Icons that are new to my blog? I actually learnt basic coding for some of it. Check 'em out?

8 comments:

  1. What is up with people not being able to match you properly? I still have no idea what shade I am in MAC, ugh. I have to try out this concealer - I like how it feels, but seriously, NW35? So ashy on me!

    The social media buttons are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know :/ I'm telling you, best option is to look at yourself till you can match yourself by looking at the swatch. Thats what I do now :P
      Heh, thank you :D

      Delete
  2. I too am between nc40-42 and have really bad under eye dark circles all thanks to my genes! I love mac pro long wear concealer..I use nw30 which suits me well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NW 30 for undereye? Must check it out. 42 for my face is actually perfect :)

      Delete
  3. i need a concealer too but i find them very confusing.. concealers, correctors, etc etc :/ and my biggest nightmare is using the wrong shade in anything, be it foundation or concealer! do you recommend any budget concealers that may be good for someone who's just starting out with them? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That depends completely on what you want out of your concealer - if its under eye correcting/brightening - then I'd say get the Maybelline Dream Lumi Pen Concealer. If its for your face - Bourjois Healthy Mix is a pretty good one - I used it up entirely - but I found my ProLongwear to be better - so I haven't repurchased.
      Corrector is to counter a particular problem (green for redness, peach for blue/purple dark circles etc) So it depends on what you need. :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing! A very informative and helpful post.

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete