Wednesday 16 April 2014

Current Favorites


I give up on my hair. Its official.

When I first started this blog, I used to religiously post my monthly favorites. I love watching favorites videos on youtube, but somehow unless you're buying makeup regularly or have an extensive makeup collection, your favorites end being pretty much the same products - which there is no point in repeating month after month. So, I thought I'll post a more of a "currently loving" or "what I'm loving" type thing.
Also, included for your viewing pleasure is all of these products on the canvas that is my face.
For base, I've been loving the MAC Strobe Cream - it adds some serious life to my dull and dehydrated skin. Foundation wise the Bourjois Happy Light Foundation hasn't left my face since it has some into my life. Light and longwearing, perfect for summer! Another more recent favorite of mine is the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, I can use it under my eyes, to hide my spots and scars without worrying about it fading away because this things lasts.. long.
I've been contouring with the Inglot 357 Matte so much offlate that I've temporarily moved my bronzers to the back of my face drawer.
For the eyes, I've been reaching for my Makeup Geek Eyeshadows a lot! Creme Brule is the perfect transition shade for me, so I start with that, I then use Cocoa Bear to intensify the crease (sometimes I mix it with Mocha) and vanilla bean to highlight. For my lid, the Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow in Cognac has really been a go-to. I generally pat it onto my lid with my fingers. I also use MUG Corrupt as a smudgy liner towards the outer corners of my lashline. For mascara, a new discovery of mine has been the Max Factor Lash Extension Effect Mascara which gives unbelievable length and separation, its also surprisingly light and not at all  mascara-ey (if you know what I mean?)
And lastly, for lips, I haven't stopped wearing the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry. Once again, long lasting, compliments BB Cognac and easy to wear.

So, these are my favorites, what are yours?

6 comments:

  1. I'm so commitment-phobic when it comes to makeup - the only thing I will regularly use is my Bobbi Brown corrector. Everything else depends on my mood! More often than not I'm usually in a rush in the mornings and end up using neutral shadows and maybe an unconventional-but-work-appropriate liner (dark blue, deep plum, you get the idea).

    Have you tried MUG gel liners? I have a few and they are AMAZING. Serious competition for MAC fluidlines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh noo, I've been meaning to make another order, soon. Hopefully.

      Delete
    2. I'm seriously lusting hard over some Hakuhodo and Zoeva brushes (I should hate you for bringing those brushes to my attention :P ) So tempted to put in an order :|

      Delete
    3. Hahahahahah *evil laugh*

      Delete
    4. Zoeva shipping is so ridiculous!!! :(

      Delete
    5. Tell me about it. Ugh. Most places charge waaaay too much. But try love-makeup.co.uk they charge less.

      Delete