Friday 21 March 2014

The Body Shop Staples


I've been using TBS products for over 6 years now, and I can safely say, I've tried a LOT of their stuff - I'd never go to the point of saying all their stuff - but most. Over these six years, while trying various things, there have always been a few products that I kept going back to, that you'll always find a backup of lying around my house, somewhere.

TBS Body Wash in Strawberry (INR 445)
I can safely say I've tried every one of their various Body Wahses, I've also tried Lush and Olay, but I always keep going back to this one - I find it the most moisturizing of the bunch. It lathers like a dream, smells amazing and is one of the only products I always find in stock. I've been using it continuously for over a year now, and I've never once wanted to switch to anything else. Staple? Oui.

TBS Body Polish in Strawberry/Satsuma (INR 595)
I use the Strawberry in most of the yer, but the Satsuma is reserved for summer. This is one of the most gentle yet effective exfoilators - I use it every alternate day - especially on my legs, and I have to say - it really has made things smoother. It has also helped with the ingrowth I get due to Epilating and Waxing.

TBS Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue (INR 795)
THIS. Oh boy, that smell is something else. This may sound gross but when I first started using this I used to get this intense urge to sniff my feet. THAT is how good it smells. It latter occoured to me to just use it on my elbows and knees aswell because this stuff.. works. As far as creams go it is thick and a bit greasy, which is why I use it mostly at night; by morning all the dryness has disappeared. It really is "intensive" and works like a dream.

TBS Honey and Oat 3-IN-1 Scrub Mask (INR 1195)
I used to be a religious Lush Mask user - but when Lush pulled out of India, I frantically began looking for other masks. Now, let me just say this now - this mask is better than any Lush mask I have tried (and I've tried all of them -_-) It soothes my skin while hydrating it and gently exfoliates too. I used it when I get particularly angry looking spots, and this calms them down, dries them out a bit and takes away the angry red down a notch. Its safe to say, this is the best face mask I have ever used.

TBS Vitamin E Facial Oil (INR 1295)
My newest staple. I originally wanted to try the Pai facial oil, but since it isn't easily available here, I turned to this. It's Caroline Hirons approved - which is good enough for me. I use it at night on alternate days, and during the day when my skin feels particularly dehydrated.

Do you like TBS? If so, what are your favorites? 

2 comments:

  1. Honestly I am not a big fan of TBS..its just not for me though i did love their tea tree mask..but tempted to try the body polish since I am looking for a gentle yet effective scrub for body..might give it a try :)
    Facial oils have become a must have for me..try the double cleansing method with wash cloths as suggested by caroline..it changed my entire skin routine and now i do it every single day! hydration is definitely key to a good skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! No matter what skin type you are, I've learnt that hydration is the key!
      And try the mask too, its brilliant, so moisturizing :)

      Delete