Monday 24 March 2014

The Bloggers Made Me Buy It!


Ahh, beauty bloggers - they have such an influence on everything I buy/add to my wishlist. These were the products I bought, I love, and will keep buying.

MAC 217 Blending Brush
The mother of all blending brushes. When I first started getting into makeup - eyemakeup in particular, everyone and their uncles were raving about this brush, so naturally, I bought it. Skip to 3 years later, everyone still raves about this brush and I still love it. I own 2 now. Its the do it all eyebrush. It picks up just the right amount of product to pat onto the lid, blends like a dream, and pretty much does all the work for you.

Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Ebony
The day various UK based bloggers got hold of this, my instagram feed was bursting with pictures. And I succumbed almost immediately; having used it everyday since, I can safely say I love it, I need it and I will always have it.

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
You would think I'm sick of talking about this foundation yet, but nope. After hearing non stop raves about this foundation I have to agree with all the hype surrounding it. It. is. AMAZING.
Beautiful coverage, flawless finish and the unparalleled longevity. The only thing that might make me think twice would be the price. But that is one barrier I will cross when I get to it.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers
This puts every other eyelash curler to shame. 'nuff said.

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows
Pigment? Pressed Pigment? This does not crease, it goes on as opaque as can be and has the most beautiful sheen to it. If the packaging was a bit more user friendly I would probably reach for it much MUCH more.

Estee Lauder Stay On Shadow Paint in Chained 
When these were released, my instagram feed exploded once again. And I had to hunt high and low to get my hands on one. I even sent my dad on various trips via Whatsapp when he was in Amsterdam to get this for me. But alas, it was not meant to be. I had to wait till it was launched in India, and boy, was it worth the wait. Without a doubt I would say this is the best cream eyeshadow I have tried (not that I've tried too many). Its effortless, pigmented and lasts ageess on the eyes (14 hours without creasing or fading - by my last trial/attempt)

Chanel Poundre Universelle Libre
A relatively new purchase which I decided I have to have when Amelia Liana dubbed it the best setting powder ever. Lisa Eldridge has also used it in a fair few videos.
Naturally, with my love for loose powder it was a match made in heaven. And it is fantastic. I'll go more in detail at a different time.

On my wishlist? L'oreal Lumi Magique Primer and Lumi Magique Foundation, Revlon Photoready Skinlights, Revlon Highlighting Blush, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders and Blush, Zoeva Brushes.. this list is endless.

What are your blogger induced purchases?



7 comments:

  1. I too want to pick up Zoeva Brushes! heard so much about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After hearing from you Chained has been in my wish list :) Might pick it up next month :)

      Delete
    2. Have you seen the new Rose Gold Luxury Brush set? I need that in my life.. but I'm having the worst experience with the customs duty :/
      And yesss, get chained, you will not regret it!

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I *need* to get hold of the dipbrow! You've just made me add a lot of stuff to my wishlist :P I haven't heard of Zoeva brushes, what's the scoop on them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a German Company, I think. And they have very affordable - good quality brushes - think Sigma before they became crazy expensive. They also have a fair few "dupes" of higher end brands. If the Customs wasn't so bad here, I'd order SO much.

      Delete
    2. How do they compare to Hakuhodos? Damn, all I want to do not is BUY ALL THE BRUSHES. :(

      Delete
    3. I have no idea because I don't own either, but I guess the main difference is Hakuhodo is handmade with real animal hair, and these are synthetic, if I'm not wrong.. I know Pokemon syndrome with brushes.

      Delete