Saturday 8 March 2014

Forgotten Favorites


When you own more makeup than you need, you tend to forget about things. I'm the first to admit that I have OCD when - i have OCD period, I think I may need to get help. But I digress - I hate owning things I don't use, hence I don't buy things unless I'm 100% I will get atleast weekly use out of it. But sometimes you can fall into a routine of using certain things and forget all about the others.
Which seems to be the case with these three products - all dubbed favorites in their respective areas of expertise (See what I did there? Expert Face Brush - nevermind) but I have neglected them nevertheless.
MAC Face and Body in C5 is easily one of my base favorites - but with these horrid scars I have on my face - light coverage just doesn't cut it - but then I realized - I can be built up. Sure, it may take a while, but this foundation can be built up to medium - full coverage, but never once does it look cakey or like I have foundation on. It looks like my skin. A more even - scar-less version of my skin.
Clinique Chubby Stick for eyes in Fuller Fudge, a beautiful warm brown with golden shimmer that I haven't used in a little over a month. This baby used to be my on-the-go essential, but between discovering new formulas, reverting back to powder eyeshadows and getting on the reddish-brown bandwagon, I forgot about this badboy. One swipe, a little blending and we're good to go. Hello effortless makeup.. 
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush was such a favorite of mine, that I have two - two people; but I got all caught up in the Buffing Brush madness and forgot all about this. It was only recently when I realized that while I do love my buffing brush - it tends to sheer down any foundation I use, where as this baby lets a medium-full coverage do its job, while seamlessly blending everything in - I forgot about you why? Oh yes, because I'm fickle minded.. Worry not, this shall not be repeated.

What favorites have you been neglecting?

6 comments:

  1. I have a lot of things I don't use anymore - they were my gateway-into-makeup products, mainly drugstore products that I thought were fantastic once upon a time but not any more. I love the RT brushes - the blush brush changed my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, the blush brush really is fantastic! Especially for powder!

      Delete
  2. fuller fudge is a gorgeous shade! i have a similar one from rimmel so not buying that even though I am tempted :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad girl bronze? They're vastly different, I assure you! :P You need fuller fudge!

      Delete
    2. I've heard that the Clinique sticks aren't good for those with oily eyelids :( Which is the only reason I've held back!

      Delete
    3. I have dry skin, but extremely oily eyelids, and they don't crease on me at all!

      Delete