Monday 3 February 2014

All about the Brows.


Ahh brows. my favorite part of my makeup routine.. the most important part of a face - if you ask me. Yes, eyes are a passage to your soul and all that jazz, but your eyebrows shape your face. You can pluck 'em, thread 'em or wax 'em that is totally upto you, but I'd say - never ignore 'em brows.
(On a side note, has anyone been noticing a huggggee eyebrow threading trend develop in the West, which I guess is a bit odd if you happen to be Indian, considering we've only ever threaded our eyebrows?)

Okay, back to the point of this post - eyebrow products (digressing as much as I do has got to be considered a talent) If you had asked me about 2 weeks ago what my all time favorite eyebrow product was.. I'd have said NARS Eyeshadow in Coconut Grove - its the perfect dark blackish brown - giving my very dark eyebrows a very natural tint while shaping them.
However, now, I have discovered the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Ebony (sheesh, thats a mouthful) which, incase you've been living under a rock is a new launch from the brand and frankly, my first venture with them. The second I saw it I knew I had to give it whirl, so into my CultBeauty basket it went, and a week later, I was staring at this creamy-gel goodness. What is it? A creamy gel in various colours, that coats your brows and sets, without budging. To test this out, I've slept with it on (cheeky and a big no no, I know, I know), I've worn it for over 12 hours in sweaty weather as well as indoors and nada, it did not move. No fading, nothing. It sort of combines the idea of a powder and a brow gel, tints and sets - really, this is the perfect brow product. I never thought I'd say this, but coconut grove - you're going back to being a crease colour/ eyebrow powder for lazy days.
As far as tools, I don't think anything beats an angled brush, I use the Real Techniques one from the Starter Set with powder and a smaller more precise angled brush from Kryolan for the DipBrow. And ofcourse, with any eyebrow routine, a spoolie is a must, as it brings back texture and generally keeps thing a bit more natural. Also, lets take a minute and appreciate the world spoolie. Spoolie. SPOOLIE. I want to keep saying Spoolie. Okay. I'll stop now.

Over and out. 

8 comments:

  1. I have recently bought anastasia brow whizz...cant wait to come it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great products! I really want to try the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade. I used to use that exact same Real Techniques brush to do my brows, but now I use the pixel-point (I think it's called) brush.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    p.s. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like the pixel-point brush better?

      And thannk you, just getting 'round to it.

      Delete
  3. OMG I have been wanting to get Ebony since the day they launched it! hows the customer service of cultbeauty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Register before you order, so your first order is free international shipping, its 15GBP for one, but I got 2 so it came down to 25GBP for two. It was shipped immediately and it came here in 7 days! :)

      All in all, SPECTACULAR! Kevin Aucoin, here I come :P

      Delete
    2. hey how come you paid 25 GBP for 2 instead of 30? just wondering :)

      Delete
    3. I think it was a promotional thing, where the more you bought, the less it became.

      Delete