Monday 13 January 2014

Take a Day Off with Clinique.

The day I got the Clinique Take a Day Off Cleansing Balm, I was ecstatic. Little bit of history here for you.. I've been trying to get hold of this for months.. yes, months. Its ALWAYS out of stock here. I was close to giving up when I decided - one jobless afternoon - to track it down. I called all the counters in the city until one which was 14kms away from me said they recieved shipment the previous day and had 5 of these in stock. This was at 2 in the afternoon. So I went there in the evening (yes, 14 kms), only to get there just in time to pick up the last one at 7:30.
*insert angels singing*



I request you not to gasp and cry when you see my very scarred bare face. But the above picture illustrates for you exactly what this balm does. Its looks like a solid oil, and melts in your fingers just like one.. you massage it all over your face (picture two), look incredibly shiney and dirty for a few minutes, rinse your face and come out looking like angel. No really, glow et all.
Nothing gets rid of makeup like this stuff. And its probably the only reason why I will now give balm cleansers a chance. Because they work so darn well.
This is fragrance free (like much of Clinique skincare), costs INR 2000 for 125ml, and is an all round winner in every sense.
Still not convinced that you need this? I asked my very skeptical mother to try it, and her jaw literally dropped.

Buy it, your face will thank you. I know mine is now forever grateful to my brain, Caroline Hirons, the freelance gig that allowed me to buy this and the clinique store 14kms away.

Do you own this? You really should. 

6 comments:

  1. You look really pretty bare-faced if you ask me! The cleansing balm does indeed show a noticeable difference. Great review, and I'm glad you got the last piece in stock hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the lighting! :P
      Haa, me too! I never thought something as silly as a balm could bring me so much joy. :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many amazing things about cleansing balms and I have yet to try one. Thank you for this post! The Clinique Cleansing Balm looks like a really good one!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is.. I haven't tried others, but now I do! :)

      Delete
  3. I just checked this out last weekend and it definitely works extremely well in removing makeup but i find it leaves behind oily residue na? I tried clarins extra comfort cleansing balm and was bowled over on how soft it made my skin! but i dont think that balm works on removing eye makeup :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't at all! You have to just wash it off.. it literally washes away any oilyness and leaves you with very supple skin minus any residue.
      I would really really suggest you try it again!

      Delete