Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Favorites '13

And before you can think, it's already August. 
Whats with the fast forward 2013? 

I know the picture is a bit odd, but I loved the way the light was hitting things and the shadow falling everywhere, I think it looks very artsy. Sorry, I'm not sorry. :P


Skincare
Four years of constant stress coupled with lack of sleep and meals at regular intervals have left me in a bit of a mess, really. Worst of being my skin. For someone who never suffered from acne throughout my teens, I was a bit alarmed when I started sprouting pimples at 20. It hasn't been fun, let me tell you, but the last two months of intensive skincare has helped a fair bit. 

Bioderma
EVERYone has heard about it, and most people LOVE it. I got this around the first week of July, and it has made its way into my daily skincare routine. I use it mainly in the evening, as the second part of a double cleanse, after using my make up wipes. It doesn't sting my eyes, and makes me feel like I just threw cold water onto my face- in a nice way. 

La Roche -Posay Effaclar
What is it? Its a paraben free "targeted breakout corrector". I just apply it exactly where I have a blemish or a pimple, and let it dry. The next morning, its on its way out. IT WORKS. So if you have skin that explodes every time you look at a mango or worry, this if for you. 

I got both here, when they were having a discount on french skincare. 

Makeup
Collections Lasting Perfection Concealer in Deep(4)
This is unfortunately the darkest shade they had, and its still too light for me, however, its great for the under eye area, as well as spots caused by blemishes. It does NOT budge, but dries even my oily skin out a little. But for the price, WIN. 

MAC Studio Fix Powder + Foundation in 43.5
Holyy..grail? Not sure about that yet. I have oily skin, so as you can imagine, I love me some powder. When I first got this though, I felt it melted away into my skin, so I was a bit aghast. Enter, Real Techniques Buffing Brush. With this brush, this powder goes on great. I've just been using my concealer and this powder all month, and I feel I need nothing else. 

MAC Blush in Frankly Scarlet
I am a bronzer gal through and through, and despite my Chanel Bronzer being in my previous favorites post, we just didn't get along, so she went to my mother. And I have turned to blush for a little definition in the cheek region of the face. Frankly scarlet, is a BRIGHT beautiful blush, if you use a light hand, it gives you the most natural looking cheeks people like me who don't blush naturally crave for!

MAC Paintpot in Groundwork
Oily lids + Paint pot = happy shadows. 'nuf said. 
Its a slightly taupey version of my skintone, and I usually use a sigma large shader brush or my fingers to apply this from lid to brow. 

NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow
I've basically been talking about this in every. single. post this month, well, almost. Its a gorgeous matte darkest brown shade, with no hint of black. Eyebrows? Yes. Eyeliner? Yes. Crease? Yes.

Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial
This is a dusty rose colour, or so everyone claims, on me it looks more like a plumy rose, its neutral, its beautiful, I love it. 

PHEWWWW. That was one long post. And my fingers hurt.
So tell me, what are your favorites this month? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment